1604 4th St, Suite 4, Santa Rosa, California 95404

(707) 576-8188

Sonoma County Family Law and Estate Planning

Sonoma County Family Law and Estate Planning

Sonoma County Family Law and Estate Planning Sonoma County Family Law and Estate Planning

Practice Areas

Divorce, family law, custody, visitation, support, guardianship, adoption, California attorney


Ending a marriage is never easy, but getting divorced doesn’t have to be hard. 

  • Morley Law Office will discuss with you the many ways to resolve the legal issues relating to your separation or divorce and help you to select the most appropriate approach for your circumstance. 
  • We are experienced in mediation and uncontested divorces and will work diligently to resolve your case amicably when possible. We are also experienced trial attorneys and will advocate for your interests. We will advise you of all issues that may arise in your situation including: property division; spousal support; child support; child custody and visitation; and domestic violence restraining orders. 

Custody and Visitation

Morley Law Office is committed to helping you develop a parenting plan (visitation) agreement that is in the best interests of your children. We are experienced in all aspects of child custody issues and will ensure that we understand your family situation. We can answer questions about: legal custody and physical custody; visitation and parenting plans; modifications of custody orders; temporary custody orders; parenting plans; effects of domestic abuse, mental health issues, and drug or alcohol addiction on custody; parental alienation; supervised visitation; and grandparent visitation. 

Guardianship and Adoption

  • A formal, court-ordered guardianship is needed only in situations where an adult who is not the child’s parent is appointed by the court to care for the child’s person and/or property. The guardian will have the authority and obligation to make decisions affecting the care, education, medical treatment and supervision of the child. Morley Law Office has extensive experience establishing guardianships for children. We can provide you with legal advice and representation in all aspects relating to guardianships including: filing the petition for temporary and permanent guardianship; filing petition to terminate guardianships; and requesting and defending visitation requests. 
  • Morley Law Office can assist you with Stepparent and Relative / Guardianship adoptions. We can represent you and help you with the legal process to terminate the legal parents’ rights, coordinate with required social work reports and if necessary attend court hearings or trial to finalize the adoption.

Wills and Trusts

Morley Law Office can assist you set up a will and trust, and help you understand differences between the two. Both are useful estate planning devices that serve different purposes, and both can work together to create a complete estate plan. The important difference is that a will goes into effect only after you die, while a trust takes effect as soon as you create it. A will also allows you to name a guardian for your children. 

Schedule a consultation to inquire about how Morley Law Office can help you plan your estate for your family and loved ones.  


Here are some of the frequently asked questions about family law and estate planning.